Made by Walter Knoll
George Cantilever Chairs (2010s)
Listed for sale is a single (chairs are sold individually but multiple chairs are available) "George" armchair, designed by EOOS of Vienna and produced by Walter Knoll. In the US, Walter Knoll is somewhat less known than in Europe. It is the renowned design brand founded by Hans Knoll's family in 1865. As some may note, Hans and Florence Knoll founded Knoll in the US, but Walter Knoll had existed for decades prior. To this day, Walter Knoll produces some of the most high quality modernist furnishings. This includes works by Kastholm andamp; Fabricius, Norman Foster, and many others.
These particular chairs use the language of cantilevered steel tubular chairs from the bauhaus and reinterpret them in a modern context. The chairs are upholstered in beautiful full grain leather and have nicely wrapped leather armrests. They also stack, making them quite convenient as well.
The George chair measures 34 inches tall by 23.5 inches wide and 20 inches deep.
Regarding condition, the chairs were produced circa mid 2010's. Condition overall appears excellent with some signs of wear from use. The leather feels terrific and chrome still maintains a great shine. The chairs are labelled and guaranteed as authentic.
- Aluminum Management Chair850.00 USD
- Swan Chair3,850.00 USD
- Serena Table Lamp795.00 USD
- Kelvin Floor Lamp725.00 USD
- 400R Slat Bench4,650.00 USD
- Thin Edge Dresser7,950.00 USD
- 1006 Navy Mini Chair685.00 USD
- CH28 Ribbon Sofa6,950.00 USD
- Executive Armchair950.00 USD
- Sant'elia Armchairs3,950.00 USD
- No. 71 WS Armchair1,595.00 USD
- Mandarin Chair850.00 USD
- Prototype Lounge Chair1,850.00 USD
- Executive Armchair1,850.00 USD
- Superloon Floor Lampfrom 4,995.00 USD