Made by Nakashima Woodworkers
Single Pedestal Desk (1956)
Listed for sale is a fabulous early example of George Nakashima's single-pedestal desk, crafted at the Nakashima Studio in New Hope, Pennsylvania (1956). The piece was commissioned by a prominent female physician and researcher in Philadelphia.
The desk is made up of an American black walnut top, 3-drawer solid walnut pedestal (with imbedded pulls), and splayed (turned) spindle legs.
This particular example is 45 inches in length, 26 inches deep, and 28 in tall.
Its finish is in lovely shape with nice warm patina.
This desk is accompanied by a copy of the original order card, noting the piece and original owner of the desk.
As noted in the photos, this piece was ordered with a George Nakashima New Chair. This chair is also available for sale in a separate listing, but is not included as part of this listing.
- Nebula Pendant Lamp14,995.00 USD
- Serena Table Lamp795.00 USD
- Steelframe 4000 Series2,950.00 USD
- No. 611 Chairs9,500.00 USD
- Navy Bar Stools550.00 USD
- Glo-Ball Pendant Lampfrom 695.00 USD
- Sinan Chairs595.00 USD
- IC Wall and Ceiling Lampfrom 625.00 USD
- Krefeld Lounge Chairs3,850.00 USD
- May Day Table Lamp165.00 USD
- Prototype Dining Chair995.00 USD
- 111 Navy Coca Cola Chair450.00 USD
- LC3 Lounge Chairs8,250.00 USD
- Goldman Table Lamp645.00 USD
- IC Floor Lampfrom 1,045.00 USD