Made by Herman Miller
Time Life Chairs (1978)
Listed for sale is an extraordinarily special Time Life desk chair, designed by Ray and Charles Eames and produced by Herman Miller. The listing is for each chair, though there are multiple chairs available. The set came from a Brutalist concrete government building designed by Proffer, Teague, Ashton & Osswald Architects in the mid 1970s. Upon completion of the building, they specified some of the best and most iconic Herman Miller pieces of the time, including these gorgeous time life chairs. Each chair was specified in this cognac leather, which has patinated beautifully over time. The arms generally have been re-covered, though the other cushions are completely original. If desired, we can have the arms matched even more closely in color prior to shipping. From the standpoint of a collector, these are exceptionally rare to find in such nicely preserved condition. Furthermore, the cognac color is highly sought after and much less common for instance than black leather examples. Lastly, the availability of a larger set is beyond rare, especially with provenance (which we can happily provide to the new owner/s). It is very possible that we may never see another large set like this on the market from an early production era.
The chair measures 26.5 inches wide by 27 inches deep and 34.5-36.5 inches tall (depending on adjustment). The seat height is 16.5-18.5 inches.
As noted, the price listed is for one chair. Multiple chairs are available.
- Nebula Pendant Lamp14,995.00 USD
- Serena Table Lamp795.00 USD
- Steelframe 4000 Series2,950.00 USD
- No. 611 Chairs9,500.00 USD
- Navy Bar Stools550.00 USD
- Glo-Ball Pendant Lampfrom 695.00 USD
- Sinan Chairs595.00 USD
- IC Wall and Ceiling Lampfrom 625.00 USD
- Krefeld Lounge Chairs3,850.00 USD
- May Day Table Lamp165.00 USD
- Prototype Dining Chair995.00 USD
- 111 Navy Coca Cola Chair450.00 USD
- LC3 Lounge Chairs8,250.00 USD
- Goldman Table Lamp645.00 USD
- IC Floor Lampfrom 1,045.00 USD