Made by Nakashima Woodworkers
Slatted Settee (1960s)
Listed for sale is a fabulous pair of settees, crafted by George Nakashima circa 1966. These pieces are iconic examples of the slatted lounge series, which followed a design language through the forms of both long settees and more slender lounge chairs.
These particular examples are 48 inch settees constructed from solid walnut.
The finish on both pieces has a lovely patina and is in beautiful shape.
The upholstery is quite fresh as well and appears to have been recently done (I would guess by the upholstery shop that works with the Nakashima Studio based on the quality and details). Its foam is comfortable and fabric has great feel.
The price listed is for one settee. Two settees are available. A third (from a separate original owner) is also available if it interests you.
- Lancaster Stoolfrom 1,060.00 USD
- Goldman Table Lamp645.00 USD
- Oxford Chair1,275.00 USD
- LC10-P Coffee Table1,375.00 USD
- Aluminum Management Chair1,195.00 USD
- 1 Inch Cafe Tablefrom 860.00 USD
- 2543 4-Position Credenza6,950.00 USD
- 410 ESU1,500.00 USD
- Barcelona Chairs8,250.00 USD
- Platner Lounge Chair3,950.00 USD
- Cherner Table2,400.00 USD
- EJ 2 Eyes Chair3,450.00 USD
- Jazz Desk Lamp595.00 USD
- Cusago Coat Hanger775.00 USD
- 26 BC Sofa6,500.00 USD