Made by Nakashima Woodworkers
Single Pedestal Desk (1956)
Listed for sale is a fabulous early example of George Nakashima's single-pedestal desk, crafted at the Nakashima Studio in New Hope, Pennsylvania (1956). The piece was commissioned by a prominent female physician and researcher in Philadelphia.
The desk is made up of an American black walnut top, 3-drawer solid walnut pedestal (with imbedded pulls), and splayed (turned) spindle legs.
This particular example is 45 inches in length, 26 inches deep, and 28 in tall.
Its finish is in lovely shape with nice warm patina.
This desk is accompanied by a copy of the original order card, noting the piece and original owner of the desk.
As noted in the photos, this piece was ordered with a George Nakashima New Chair. This chair is also available for sale in a separate listing, but is not included as part of this listing.
- Lancaster Stoolfrom 1,060.00 USD
- Goldman Table Lamp645.00 USD
- Oxford Chair1,275.00 USD
- LC10-P Coffee Table1,375.00 USD
- Aluminum Management Chair1,195.00 USD
- 1 Inch Cafe Tablefrom 860.00 USD
- 2543 4-Position Credenza6,950.00 USD
- 410 ESU1,500.00 USD
- Barcelona Chairs8,250.00 USD
- Platner Lounge Chair3,950.00 USD
- Cherner Table2,400.00 USD
- EJ 2 Eyes Chair3,450.00 USD
- Jazz Desk Lamp595.00 USD
- Cusago Coat Hanger775.00 USD
- 26 BC Sofa6,500.00 USD